Postal scissor sharpening service – from only £18
No local scissor sharpening service?
When you don’t have a reliable scissor sharpening service or don’t know where to get your scissors sharpened, help is at hand. From just £18 per pair, with FREE* return postage and packing, you’ll get the keenest edge and the best possible service from the Scissor Man.
* Free return postage applies only to UK customers.
Choose your scissor sharpening service
The Scissor Man offers 3 levels of scissor sharpening:
- Hand-finished premium service £28.00 – for extra sharpness and durability
- Remedial scissor sharpening £23.00 – dropped your scissors? Has cutting unwashed hair chipped the edge? Includes standard sharpening.
- Standard £18.00 – professionally sharpened scissors at an affordable price
How to use the postal scissor sharpening service
Package your scissors carefully. We recommend wrapping them in bubble wrap or tissue paper. Please take extra care wrapping the points of your scissors. Poor packaging can damage your hairdressing scissors and cause accidents.
- Put your wrapped scissors in a padded envelope, making sure they are tightly packed for safety.
- Enclose your cheque depending on the sharpening service you’ve chosen, payable to The Scissor Man.
- Alternatively, phone The Scissor Man (07970 618750) to pay by credit/debit card.
- Don’t forget to enclose your name, address and telephone number!
- Post your scissors to: The Scissor Man, 111 Lower Rainham Road, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 2XS.
Fast scissor sharpening turn-around
The Scissor Man will sharpen your scissors and return them to you within 48 hours*. Your scissors are sent back via Royal Mail using ‘signed for’ delivery.
* The Scissor Man cannot accept any responsibility for postal service delays.
Factoring scissor sharpening into your schedule
Many hairdressers find it difficult to find the time to send their scissors for sharpening because without them, they cannot work. If you’re in this situation, you can send them when you have some time off. But remember, you will have to sign for your scissors when we return them to you, so be sure to take this into account.
The easy answer is to always have a second pair of scissors, so when your scissors need attention, you won’t be left in the lurch. If you only have one pair, why not browse the selection of affordable, professional hairdressing scissors in our online shop. That way you’ll always have the right scissors to hand and be able to keep them in tiptop condition.
If you need any help or more information, the Scissor Man is always pleased to help. You can email or phone on 01634 577695 or 07970 618750.