The Scissor Man – Terms and Conditions of Sale
Currently, the Scissor Man can only accept orders from customers resident in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Buying scissors online
- Select your hairdressing scissors from the online shop. Be sure to include your chosen size or colour, if appropriate.
- The online shop defaults to one pair of scissors. For multiple purchases, use the + and – keys to increase or decrease the quantity. Click the ‘Add to cart’ button.
- When you have finished shopping, go to ‘View cart’.
- Check your purchases and when you are ready, click the ‘Proceed to checkout’ button to make your payment.
- Complete your address details fully. Please note, if you pay by PayPal, your scissors can only be sent to the address registered to your credit or debit card.
- Select your method of payment and click the ‘Place order’ button.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your order
- Your scissors will be shipped when cleared payment is received.
- Payment methods
- Credit transfer – transfer funds direct from your bank account to pay for your scissors.
- Credit or debit card via PayPal gateway (no PayPal account needed)
- 50% deposit and spread weekly costs.
- Spread weekly costs terms and conditions
- Spread payments can only be arranged direct with the Scissor Man.
- Select the spread payment choice in the online shop checkout.
- Click the ‘Place order’ button, and you will receive a confirmation email with all the details to complete your purchase.
- Contact the Scissor Man by phone on 01634 577695 or 07970 618750.
- Your 50% deposit payment is made by phone using a credit or debit card.
- Please note, scissors can only be dispatched to the billing address on your credit or debit card.
- Payments of £10 per week will be collected from your card account until full payment has been made.
- You will be sent a text message notifying you when your weekly payment will be collected.
- If a weekly payment fails, the full balance of payment will be due immediately.
- If you have problems making your weekly payment, you should contact the Scissor Man immediately to make alternative arrangements.
- If you don’t maintain your agreed payments, legal action may be taken against you to recover the outstanding amount.
Your new hairdressing scissors are normally delivered within 3 – 5 working days after payment has been received. All scissors must be signed for on delivery.
When you buy online from the Scissor Man you are protected by the Distance Selling Regulations. This allows you a 14 day ‘cooling off period’ during which you can cancel your order and request a refund. Please note: cancellations can only be accepted for scissors returned in their original packaging with the manufacturer’s seal unbroken and intact.
- How to Cancel Your Order
- Contact the Scissor Man by phone on 01634 577695 or 07970 618750, by email email@example.com or in writing within 14 days of placing your order.
- Return your unused and unopened scissors in the original packing along with a letter of cancellation to The Scissor Man, 111 Lower Rainham Road, Gillingham, Kent ME7 2XS.
- On receipt of the scissors (providing they are unused and the packaging intact), the Scissor Man will refund the cost of the scissors less £10, which covers the cost of restocking and credit card fees.
- In the event of an order cancellation, you are responsible for the cost of return postage. For your protection, the Scissor Man recommends you return your scissors using signed-for delivery. The Scissor Man accepts no liability for scissor returns lost or missing in the postal system.
- Lifetime Warranty
- All scissors sold by the Scissor Man come with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing faults.
- This warranty does NOT cover damage sustained under normal wear and tear, abuse, misuse, alteration, improper maintenance or unauthorised repairs.
- Any products proven to be defective upon our inspection will be repaired or replaced free of charge.
- If you believe your scissors to be faulty, please contact the Scissor Man immediately on 01634 577695 or 07970 618750.
- Returning Goods to the Scissor Man
If you are returning scissors, either under your rights as laid out in the Distance Selling Regulations or in the unlikely event they are faulty, please note the following terms and conditions:
- It is your responsibility to ensure they are properly packaged and clearly addressed.
- You include your name, address and phone number along with a covering letter explaining why they are being returned.
- You are responsible for the safe delivery of the goods. Scissors should be sent by either Royal Mail’s ‘Signed for’ or ‘Special delivery’ service.
- Contact the Scissor Man
The Scissor Man
111 Lower Rainham Road
Tel: 01634 577695 or 07970 618750.